The 8 cd's encompass all the packages debian has to offer.In most cases
you wont need all that.For a base install all you need is CD1.If you want
a GUI install aftre that then you need CD2.The rest can all be done using
apt.
So my suggestion.....download(or burn if u have already downloaded) only
CD1 and 2 and then use apt to get to the rest of the stuff u need.
My 2 cents.
--Rishabh

--
Rishabh Manocha