On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 13:43, R.Vijayaraghavan wrote:
> I use WinXP only for one reason, downloading huge files which weigh more
> than, say, 100MB.
>
> I have switched over to OOo from MS Office, switched over to Firebird
> from IE, switched over to Tunderbird from OE ( i'm which step, LL ),
> thats only when I work in WinXP (I most of the time work in gnulinux).

Step I of seven steps to software samadhi.
:-)

> I just need a good download manager for linux.
i noticed the download manager of mozilla is pretty good though. i
haven't tried it under windoze since don't use windoze anymore. and
that's pretty scary sometimes. i mean, can you imagine, people think i'm
some computer guy, until i start fumbling with their windoze pc like
some clueless idiot these days.  :-)

i'd rather be a clueless idiot on other people's windoze, than a
well-informed digital slave with basic, digital rights relinquished.
LL