ftp is not done through proxy server. proxy server has no role in ftp transfers.
use ipforwarding and ipmasquerading so as to let ftp requests go through your proxy.
if u don't have iptabbles rule , let me know i will forward it to u.
i also faced similar problem previously.

frox - http://frox.sourceforge.net/

--
\|||/
(o o)