Passepartout is a Gnome 2.x application for DTP related tasks. I never
knew that there was any application being developed for Gnome too, and
being on a KDE free environment i sorely missed pagemaker. seems that
good days are not too far

Passepartout 0.5

check it out at
http://www.stacken.kth.se/project/pptout/