On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 16:39, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
> Sudev Barar wrote:
[SNIP]
> Hey! I didnt know that Touchtel allows you to use your own ADSL modem!
> One of their engineers at a clients place insisted that we use their own
>   ADSL modem, manufactured by some unknown Taiwanese/chinese company,
> which doesnt have Linux drivers.
>
> Sudev, which brand of modems are you using for your touchtel connection?
> Which model?
If they are asking you to pay for the modem then you have a choice. They
may not be happy about it though. If you join their rental plan then....
I have Zyxel / Xentrix ADSL with ethernet port. I know that earlier they
were supplying Xentrix model which worked but their current model does
not initialise with flashtux.org driver although both have globespan
chips. Look at www.flashtux.org and their forum for details.
HTH
--
Sudev Barar