-----Original Message-----
From: Eugene Teo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 9:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Manoj Thakkar (WT01 - EMBEDDED &
PRODUCT ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS)
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Fwd: [ilugd] linux recompile error

<quote sender="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
> Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:35:55 +0530
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [ilugd] linux recompile error
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I was trying to recompile my kernel with some of my system calls
>
> It was failing at make modules some atm drivers
>
> I rebooted the machine but then it started giving abnormal behaviour
on
> checking I found whole lot of files missing from /lib/modules/kernel

shouldn't it be /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel?

Manoj >> thts true its lib/modules/linu-2.4.2/kernel only sorry typo
error

> I tried repairing/upgrading the OS using the cd but no luck . is there
> any other way nfs is also not working so I can't copy the stuff from
> anyother system.

Manoj >>
The Pc doesn't have the cd drive so can't copy the kernel tarball anyway
thts why I was looking for nfs to work so that I can copy it from any
other place infact mount is not working so not left with any choice what
if I try make -k maodules will it be of any help .
The kernel is as I said above 2.4.2 I just put a .c & .h file with there
appropriate entries in entry.S unistd.h is there something I am doing
wrong ???? Kindly suggest

is it possible for you to get a current/latest kernel tarball,
and do a recompilation this way? also, why is it failing to make
modules? are you using 2.4 or 2.6? could it be because you are
trying to install 2.6 kernel, and you don't have module-init-tools
installed? what is the kernel you are using? not very clear here.

settle your problem, before approaching to fix nfs.

Eugene

> Kindly assist
>

> Thanks & Best Regards
>
> Manoj Thakkar
>

> Thanks & Best Regards
>
> Manoj Thakkar
>

> Confidentiality Notice

attachments to this message are intended
> for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential
or privileged information. If
> you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro
or [EMAIL PROTECTED] immediately
> and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

Eugene TEO - <eugeneteo%null!cc!uic!edu>  <http://www.anomalistic.org/>
1024D/14A0DDE5 print D851 4574 E357 469C D308  A01E 7321 A38A 14A0 DDE5
main(i) { putchar(182623909 >> (i-1) * 5&31|!!(i<7)<<6) && main(++i); }