Tarun Dua wrote:

Manpreet Singh Nehra wrote:

My suggestion for the meet is scientific software like octave , I know
only one I hope there are others and the tuxies reading this might know
more

Manpreet its a good theme.
Do we have volunteers for this theme.
Manpreet can you do octave.
-Tarun

Though I don;t know who is gonna give the talks I am giving below the list of softwares which we can demonstrate plus these softwares can also be demonstrated in universities/colleges to make the *Tux* Aware
1. Astronomy
Celestia don't know what it does
Hitchhiker 2000 Stellarium Complex Software with daylight changes and
dynamic sky viewing with lots of features

2. Chemistry
Arka A GUI for manipulation of GP Sequence manipulation
BKChem Organic Chemistry Diagrams
Chemtool Advanced version of Organic Drawing software
Drawmol 3-D Organic Molecule drawing helpfull in Stereochemistry
Gabedit GUI for gaussian and molpro ab initio programs
Garlic Don;t know what it does
GChempaint Another Organic Chemistry drawing program
slightly easier to use with some good features
GDIS A Molecular and crystal display interface
quite an advanced one uses povray for displaying and a couple of other things to generate the display
Ghemical A Molecular Modeling doftware
Kmovisto Don;t know what it does
molrenderer Advanced molecule rendering software needs some
exploration
PyMol Professional Level Molecular modeling software
made in Python
Viewmol Molecule drawing program general
xdrawchem Organic Molecule drawing program with a nice
interface
xmakemol Available at nongnu website don't have any commnets
Xykron Needs to be studied

3. Geosciences
g3dgMV Viewer for Digital Elevation Model and Digital Line
Graphics
GRASS Don't know what it does
4. Mathematics
Dr. Geo Interactive Geometry
Ginsh Don't know what it does
GnuPLot Advanced 3D-2D grapher
grpn Graphical Reverse polish notaion calculator
gretl
gtkgraph Simple graph plotter
mathplot Simple Graph plotter
Maxsima Maxima is a computer program for doing
mathematics calculations, symbolic manipulations,
numerical computations and graphics. Procedures
can be programmed and then run by Maxima to do
complex tasks. Much of the syntax for other languages
such as Maple was copied from Maxima. Integrates
octave, maxima, gap, gp ..
Octave Scilab Advanced graphing with its own programming interface
XaoS Realtime fractol generator
5. Physics Granny Simulator of Cellular automata for the granular environments
fityk nonlinear pean sepration and analysis 6. Misc GRAMPS Genealogical Research and Analysis Management
Programming Interface
RLPLOT Scientific plotting software
GRACE