Hi All,

Announcing the hindiakshar.org project with the explicit aim to build
 and improve open source local(not just localized) software usable by
the local populace. And also help makers of open source or proprietary software
development organisations with our expertise in building softwares based on
local paradigms through our mailing lists and Apache style licensed software or
libraries. Our aim is to promote development of software usable
 by people who would have the ability to work only using hindi(or other regional
languages) such as goldsmiths, blacksmiths, traders, farmers,
dairy cooperatives, housewives and other traditional or otherwise employed
people who do not understand the english language based paradigms. We wish
 to encourage the software development paradigm for developing applications from
the ground up with a target market defined as different from the current set of
business application software oriented towards english knowing
(and western music buffs) classes. Yes we are also talking about Indian
Geek sub-culture which doesn't ape the west.To discuss the aims of the
project please join the wiki (powered by drupal ) at
http://wiki.hindiakshar.org
and join the mailing lists at
http://lists.hindiakshar.org/listinfo/akshar-user and

--Nirendra