http://diveintomark.org/archives/2004/05/14/freedom-0

[..]
Freedom 0 is the freedom to run the program, for any purpose. WordPress gives
me that freedom; Movable Type does not. It never really did, but it was free
enough so we all looked the other way, myself included. But Movable Type 3.0
changes the rules, and prices me right out of the market. I do not have the
freedom to run the program for any purpose; I only have the limited set of
freedoms that Six Apart chooses to bestow upon me, and every new version
seems to bestow fewer and fewer freedoms. With Movable Type 2.6, I was
allowed to run 11 sites. In 3.0, that right will cost me $535.

WordPress is Free Software. Its rules will never change. In the event that the
WordPress community disbands and development stops, a new community can form
around the orphaned code. Itâs happened once already. In the extremely
unlikely event that every single contributor (including every contributor to
the original b2) agrees to relicense the code under a more restrictive
license, I can still fork the current GPL-licensed code and start a new
community around it. There is always a path forward. There are no dead ends.

Movable Type is a dead end. In the long run, the utility of all non-Free
software approaches zero. All non-Free software is a dead end.

[...]

[Familiar story? ;) - Sandip

]
--
Sandip Bhattacharya
sandip (at) puroga.com

GPG: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3