>>the problem *if* payed well then why are they here.
>>Whoever asks the questions expects guidance

Giving guidance or pointing/redirecting towards the right track is acceptabe but if
someone expects that anyone will come physically and solve the problem and won't
charge anything for it is a wague point...

Open Source does not mean that you don't have a right to earn your bread and butter...
Millions of people are charging heavily for training and support and that is very much
appropiate...

"What a load of crap.  There are plenty of companies trying to make and making money
on open source software.

But moving on from Stallman, in particular, perhaps Eric Raymond might be a more
presentable character - as he debated Stallman specfically on this subject. That's the
whole point of "OPEN" and Free (as in speech).  Its a democracy and you're entitled to
your opinion.

Open source projects, like MySQL, RedHat's distro, Gnome, KDE, QT, Lynuxworks are in
it to make money.  So is our little shop... And then there's IBM - a company with 4
times the anual revenue of MSFT.  You can bet they're in it for the money.  ORCL too -
they're moving to complete support for Linux."

IMHO The statement made: "There are many people on the list who can implement the
whole thing for you *if* you pay them good money." is 100% justified...

Regards,
GSS