On Wednesday 14 July 2004 2:28 pm, Priyank  Jain wrote:
> I was trying to update my redhat 8.0 linux . I also signed up with red hat
> on their site for the same. As i ran the updater, it gave me this error
> stating,"username cannot be registered" and then i tried up2date
> --register....well in d end it said ssl error and certificate not verified.
> I need to update my system asap, because any rpm i download informs me of
> the missing rpms that it requires.

Forget Red Hat 8.0, even Red Hat Linux 9.0 is no longer supported by Red Hat.
So there is no point trying to use up2date for that.

Also, a Red Hat subscription now is no longer free - requires a subscription
fee, and it only supports the enterprise versions on Red Hat Linux.

To keep your system updated , consider using apt+synaptic - take a look at
http://www.freshrpms.net

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya
sandip (at) puroga.com

GPG: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3