[snip]

> I trust FSF that it wont change from the path that it has set out, so I dont
> have any such fears. [snip]

trust? you trust someone when it comes to software? sandip, you sound
like a newbie. hehehehehehee

i trust no one. neither m$, neither FSF, nor anyone else whether in
the past, present, or future, when it comes to any aspect of a
software, whether it is features, or licensing, or even something as
trivial as compatibility.

verify, baby! verify everything for yourself.

SO FAR, gpl works okay for me, with the software released under the
given version of GPL. btw, did you know that the GPL is/was never
really tested in a court of law, until the SCO case came along. only
last week did someone send an email [sunil from adpip] that the GPL is
legally recognized in some country, and that's a start. for years
dissuaders claimed that the GPL would and could be thrown out in a
court of law.
in fact, nearly a decade and a half ago, people took the EULA of DOS
as some dog-poop, until laws were changed or enhanced, to make further
enforce the EULA on people in some countries.

we have still to see a proper, flaming legal case, where someone has
used GPL software in a proprietory software without honouring it, and
when questioned, refuses to comply or acknowledge....

LL