> For people who are questioning why this should be done - the answer is
> not the price issue, but the ease of management. Upgrade/patch the
> server and presto! - no more desktops to manage.

if maintenance/upgradation costs are important, one can use citrix
like solution for those apps and users can still leverage the full
power of their desktops for usual stuff.

I understand that there are certain apps that someone wants to run on
server for reasons
+ new installation.
+ upgrades
+ control

but users usually have such requirements that can be better done on
workstations. I mean why one user should be just dumb and every power
is with server. We can have (and already have) solutions where both
servers and clients are intelligent in their own capacity.

still learning
Navjot Singh