Take a pick
If the theme is lets say firefox (browser reloaded) then include:

firefox base browser(linux(redhat, debian, suse), windows, mac)
extensions(The most popular ones atleast)
themes
browser tips(in html, pdf)
maybe as a side-show all the brothers and sisters of firefox like
thunderbird)

Installation procedures, with featured articles and views of people
using mozilla ( Lot of such stuff is available online).

Plugins(on basis of license agreement)
procedure of setting up plugins

j2re and procedure of setting up java with mozilla/firefox
Databases
MySQL, PostgresSQL, Firebird
admin tools (PHPAdmin) SquirrelSQL Client
JDBC drivers, CPAN DBI stuff, PHP-Mysql, php-postgres etc.
Ximian desktop 2
Evolution and all its brothers a sisters

Window Managers

XFCE, (flux/open/black)box, windowmaker etc etc

Media Players

mplayer, xine, xmms-mpg123, all codecs

best idea would be to make a CD with 50 MB with atleast 50 pages of
online/offline documentation.   Take any of the themes and cover it in
every facet. This will really make the CD's something to look forward
to. Altough this would require more effort than downloading and burning.
But i guess if it was just about downloading software and putting in on
there hard-drive, people could do it by themself.

regards

Supreet