On Friday 03 Sep 2004 12:35 pm, Abhishek Jain wrote:
> I am facing some trouble while upgrading apache (httpd-2.0.40-21).
> This version was the default packaged with Redhat linux 9, it works
> fine and i have been using it since last 5-6 months. Now I need to
> update this to a version greater than 2.0.47 as my JRun application
> server's connector requires it. While trying upgrading it to
> 2.0.50(latest httpd from apache.org) i got multiple dependency errors
> and even after installing with force and ignoring few dependencies i
> was unable to get it up. Then from some site i got rpm of
> httpd-2.0.47, as i read somewhere that RHL-9.0 could support it. Still
> got the same result so ultimately had to rollback to httpd-2.0.40-21
> from cd.

Dude, if you want to stay with the latest, stick to source. There is no way
that a non-distribution RPM will get you solve all your dep problem in your
dist. Take a look at DAG or ATRpms repositories though.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya    *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com        *         Home: http://www.sandipb.net

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3

Kleeneness is next to Godelness.