You can use its network feature in lan (not applicable for home users) using network
boot CD. this can lead to install not only one version but more and other versions of
linux flavour. Few simple steps to install from network
1. dump all CDs from any ISO extracter tool like WinISO
2. put all RPMS of each CD in one RPM directory ( where you kept the first CDs RPM)
3. make a bootable using rawrite utility (Customised bootable CD can also be burned
through Bart bootbale site http://nu2.nu and each network.img can be put all together
with customised option)

This can solve a big problem for further linux realease. and only one bootbale CD can
start installation over network. I have tested more than  12 linux release using
customised bart CD image size of 65Mb.

Thanks,
Nadeem

Shantanu Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
R K wrote:

>is it possible to install fedora from hard disk without having to burn
>the cds if one has the isos on harddisk. if it is, howto do it . is
>having a floppy drive also necessay for it

You could do it using NFS though. Or maybe VMWARE. Another obscure
option would be to dig Linux-From-Scratch style of installation, or
perhaps hacking Anaconda a bit to do it.

Or see if any of the distros around support that already?

Cheers,
Shantanu

Nadeem, SysAdmin
Interra Information Technologies India Pvt Ltd
NEPZ, Noida

You may send encrypted message using the PGP (Pretty Good Privacy)
Public Key given below. (download pgp from www.pgp.com or
http://www.cse.iitk.ac.in/users/nadeem)
PGP Key ID 69052479 at http://pgp.mit.edu/
Version: PGP 6.5.8