On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 18:44, Linux Lingam wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 18:28:41 +0530, Sudev Barar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 18:11, Linux Lingam wrote:
> > > touchtel dsl model: xavi x7005q, how does this modem work on touchtel
> > > dsl line under redhat9? can't get it to work.
> > look at eciadsl.flashtux.org
> > if it is not listed there then chances are it does not work :-(
> > --
> > Sudev Barar
>

> it's not listed. so i'm F***Ked right?
>
> or is there any other way?
You can try to work with eciadsl. Maybe you are lucky and thought the
modem is not listed it uses the globespan chipset...although all modems
with globespan chips do not work, like my xentrix given to me by
Touchtel.

> if none, then is there a modem that you or anyone can recommend that
> is known to work under touchtel dsl, please? any special instructions?
Their router modems (Zyxel / Xentrix) work. That is what I am using now
but I had to shift to Rs2,500 scheme. One thing though connect at
256kbps rocks.

> {i believe vendors deliberately do not support gnulinux for their
> devices and/or services, since precedent shows computer victims are
> born to be screwed by them. very few vendors make a genuine effort to
> support their devices officially} [okay, i confess i'm in a bad mood]
The engineers who did my installations at Faridabad came couple of times to understand
things like NAT and security settings that I insisted on setting. By default they
would like on M$ install with all options clicked on. "Security?? What about it??"

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux