Hi Utsav,

Most Probably it will be an Intel MotherBoard, so will
be AC97... log in as root and give the command

modprobe ac97

Now try playing music on your PC...if that works, put
the above command in a file lets say

/home/utsav/sound.sh

and put this line in the file /etc/rc.local

Now everytime u start ur PC, ur sound card driver will
be automatically loaded into memory...

Hope that helps

Amit