Hi Shashank,

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 00:24 +1000, Siddhartha Maitra wrote:
> You will have to ask your ISP to provide you with a dialer for Linux.
[snip]
Yup, he is right! Before hotwire went for web-based auth, they used
clients & I refused to pay the hotwire ppl until they provided me with a
Linux client. & voila! they sent me one in next 2 days.

Try searching freshmeat & sourceforge for your Linux based client. You
may find one. (Over the time, many hotwire-GTK clients were available @
both these sites.) (You can even find one @ linux-delhi.org :-))

> In case they do not have one, ask them to provide you with a direct
> net connection to your IP address.
[snip]
Yeah, if thats the case, your only solution is to either change your ISP
or ask that kinda auth.

> > i have just got  cable net installed can any body pls tell me how to use it
> > on linux.
[snip]
BTW, who exactly is ur service provider? Sify? Hotwire(naah!)? 24Online?
Abaca? or an alien? :-)

Dont use anything that is not (atleast) Linux Enabled!

makuchaku

---
All generalizations are false, including this one. -- Mark Twain