Hi list,
> > On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 12:20, Sanjeev "ghane" Gupta wrote:
> >> [SNIP]
> >
> >> True, especially since neither "Linux systems", nor "Windows
PCs
> >> serving the same function" have been around for 5 years, so
> Remember, Linux is just a couple of years old.  Any data point
on Linux, for

Are we mixing up things? Linux is NOT  that young. I still have
my first Linux (Slackware kernel 1.2) CD dating back from 1996.
It worked and well. Not a rich GUI so can not be compared with
Windows but some of us will recall that the a large (very large)
number of servers handling mail and web services were running on
Linux/ Apache/ Sendmail even back in the last millenium.

> Do you plan IT expenses over a 15-year term?  Heck, does your
company have a
> 15-year plan?

The entire nation did not have one policy document looking that
far !

>I think these studies are using too little data to
> extrapolate too far.  The maths is valid, the data is not.

Its all half truths - Ashwathama hato hataha - we mastered the
art many thousand years back

Chirpy