greetings to all.
i has a creative modem blaster V.90 PCI DI5655. it had the driver for 2.2.x
then i got Pctel HSP56 micromodem, that too has drivers for RH7.0 kernel.
then i got motorola sm56, that has the same problem(www.sm56.tk)

i was wanting to know what modem to go for keeping in view updates to the krnel,
making previous drivers incompatible->unusable.i mean is there any modem whose
manufacturer assures lifetime suppy of drivers for upcomming kernel!? or is it
possible that say a driver for 2.2.x kernel would work for 2.6.x or future releases
with some tweaking(no waiting).
kindly suggests pointers to this if it is possible.

any suggestions would help me a lot by letting me browse the net from my fedora core 2
distribution, and save me from rebotting into windows getting the stuff, putting it in
a shared partition and getting hold of it finally and proceeding!

thanks:-)

NAMASTE, i honour the spirit in you which is also in me.
http://www.geocities.com/rohitsz2

|Anytime you feel i need to understand|
|a concept before i am eligible to get|
|an answer i would be happy to know.  |