Hello,
I have a Toshiba Sattelite laptop with a SmartLink internal modem. I
downloaded the drivers and was successfully connecting to my BSNL
dialup internet a/c when using SuSE 9.0. The problem started when I
switched to Fedora Core 2. I compiled the drivers for the 2.6 kernel
and everything went fine. But when I connect using wvdial, the
connection stays for just a few seconds. After that although I remain
connected to the server, I can't even ping the PPP server or the DNS
server. It's a very strange problem for me and I have no clue where the
problem actually is. It can be with the newer kernel, the pppd or even
wvdial. Can anybody shed some light on it ?
TIA
Bhaskar Ghose

=====
It is NEVER Linux OS. It's ``GNU/Linux'' OS. For more info follow this link
--> http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html