With IIT degree in Com. Science, there could be better things to do than

be in Sys Admin. It is a thankless , low paid job.

thankless true
I disagree. Depends on how good the previous administrator was.
In general, all maintainace(back bone) work can be called thankless. Primarily because interaction between the prospectivce thanks givers and the maintainers happens ONLY when something goes wrong with the back bone.

However, a good administartor who has recently replaced a bad administrator is likely to receive maximum "thank you's". Life is good for such a administrator for a few months. I highly recommend a change of company after that ! ;o)

low paid not true
Low paid a low level. Again because every who knows how to share an internet connection, install a firewall, create new users calls himself/herself an administrator. Result is numerous so called administrators. If we count them in, yes its a low paying job.

However, if we count people who are worthy of being called administrators. Not a low paid job at all !

HR is this country needs to go through a compulsory administrator practice before things improve here. ;o)

Unless the HR realizes the pain involved in attending a complaint, that was created because..."taar nikal gayee hai, jhuka nahin jaa raha"....they wont realize what an administrator goes through. Until then, job will remain low paying.

-Amit.