utsavhanda wrote:

Hi there,
i am unable to set my display as 800X600 with millions of colours.
whenever i try to do so X crashes and then i had to set my display to 800X600 with thousands of colours.

i had tried redhat-config-xfree86 from bash, but in vain.

please help on this problem.

Please try using the vesa driver and also check the Video Ram settings. Make sure its high enough to support millions of colours. The BIOS also has a setting for the shared Video Ram and some of the motherboards leave the default value for Video Ram at 1MB. Make it 4MB or 8MB.

- MK