Hi all,

I have Ubuntu & Fedora, both installed in my hdd. I usually boot into
Ubuntu & have stable working environment there. But my brother has a
peculiar liking for his home account in Fedora. Everytime he sees the
computer free, he just reboots it into Fedora & i have to reboot it
again to get back into my Ubuntu's account.

To get GUI's running simultaneously from both distro's, i tried the
following

I mounted Fedora's partition on /fedora in Ubuntu, then...

[03:46][root:/> root]$ chroot /fedora         ### did this from ubuntu
[03:46][root:/> /]$                           ### chrooted successfully
[03:47][root:/> /]$ umbrello
umbrello: cannot connect to X server :0.0     ### This is the ERROR
[03:47][root:/> /]$

So, you see, the problem is the "cannot connect to X server :0.0". Every
application gives the same prob.

If i can get this thing to work, i can start KDM from the newly chrooted
system & it'll probably start the KDM on next free DISPLAY number. That
way, "Alt+Ctrl+F7" will have Ubuntu & "Alt+Ctrl+F8" will have Fedora.

So me & my bro will happily co-exist without rebooting :-)

Please help me out with the DISPLAY problem...

Thanks,
makuchaku