----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandip Bhattacharya" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 1:54 AM
Subject: Re: [ilugd] Download speed...

> Ujjwal Dasgupta wrote:
> > times, but the download  manager/application reports incorrect speeds as
the
> > file is begun downloading before it is timed.
>
> This is ridiculous. You would expect developers of wget to be able to code
> *this* correctly.

It is not a  bug, rather a feature, because if the download is started
during the time the  user selects the download directory etc, the file will
be recieved sooner. But this is generally present only on browser integrated
download managers as  they  are meant for smaller files.

Regarding burst  speeds, well I purposely  gave  a link to speed-test rather
than mcafee speed-o-meter or something, as it allows you  to  benchmark
varying file sizes, so if you are right about bursts, lower  filesizes
should report higher  speeds.

Ujjwal