Greetings to all,
i happen to use tata indicaom connection to browse the net on linux.
i configured the connection( i say that as the phone's screen displays PPP
data) and is working properly(the KPPP log confirms this by displaying the
connection statistics.)
the problem is when i type an address in the location bar, it gives me the
error Page not found. even the hyperlinks return the same error.
i am posting configuration details using tata indicom and lg lsp-340e
i am using KPPP shipped with RH FC2.

#Assuming serial port connection at /dev/ttyS0(COM1).
#Hardware: LG phone, pc, wire provided with the connection.
#Phone number to be dialed is #777 (hash sign included)
#made a manual connection with following strings, rest remaing as defaults.

Connection Name:TATA
Telephone Number:#777

[DEVICE TAB]
Modem Device:/dev/ttyS0
FLOW:HARDWARE FLOW CONTROL
Line Termination: CR
# cr/lf and lf made the connection hang at initialization.
Connection Speed: 115200

[MODEM TAB]->[MODEM COMMANDS]
Initialization String 1: ATZ
Initialization String 2: AT+CRM=1;at$LGPKT=3
Init Response: OK
No dial tone conncetion: ATX3
Dial String: ATD
#rest all remain as defaults.

kindly help in pointing out where the problem is.
thanks.

NAMASTE, i honour the spirit in you which is also in me.
http://www.geocities.com/rohitsz2

|Anytime you feel i need to understand|
|a concept before i am eligible to get|
|an answer i would be happy to know.  |