On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 11:25 +0530, Tanmay wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am running RH7.3. I have just added Western Digital 80gbyte 7200rpm
> external usb drive. The docs say that it should available at /dev/sda,
> but I already have my SCSI drives at /dev/sda.
>
> Also i cannot see any message related to detection of this drive in my
> /var/log/messages.
> Any ideas?

The USB mass storage module will help. Check the Linux USB device
database at http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/

For your specific hard disk, look at
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=2112
 and the appropriate kernel module page at
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdr.php?id=11

Which kernel version are you using?

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya    *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com        *         Home: http://www.sandipb.net

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3

So many men, so many opinions; every one his own way.
                -- Publius Terentius Afer (Terence)