Kirty Mohanty wrote:
<snipped>
1.  if i give the option as "memory" then it will show all the
columns related to the memory heading in the vmstat output...
Hi Kirty,

Would you mind, letting us know how have you thought of going about it, i mean an algo or something.
If you have already written something, please share the same, we would be glad to correct it or give suggestions.

Doing hard work on your behalf without being paid, is somewhat difficult.

Kapil

--
PS:
1. Google: Feel free to Google before posting. http://www.google.com

2. HOWTO'S : Latest Howto documents are available http://www.tldp.org . Newbies are requested to take a look. You will find solutions to most of your problems there

3. Posting: I suggest the group members to avoid top posting, as this pushes the original question to the bottom. While any body would prefer to have the main question at the top, and subsequent replies added to the bottom, so that it is easy to comprehend the flow of information. So please stick to bottom posting.