On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 09:17, Raj Mathur wrote:
> First of all, we must make the stall a success just like last time.
> If you have an idea and equipment for a running demo, please speak
> now.  State exactly what additional equipment (down to the last 3-pin
> 5-amp socket) you will need.  Rope in at least one more friend to help
> you run the demo.  Prepare a spiel for attracting visitors.  Make sure
> the demo doesn't use any proprietary software.  Specify what you will
> need on placards above your demo station.  And do the demo!
Can volunteer for demos for open source apps on Linux
CRM
ERP
Need a decent P4 machine. Can add in LTSP also to multiply the terminals
for demo.

> LA2005 has also asked us to provide us with volunteers for their help
> desk, who would answer basic inquiries on Linux from visitors and
> redirect them to the ILUGD stall for complex queries.  Volunteers for
> the help desk will be. uh, ``volunteered'' from the stall volunteers.
Can we ask LA people to use Linux based application for registration. If
my memory serves me right they were using Win app on registration desk
which is a ..... oxymoron??? I know I am stretching the limits of
language but that is what I feel.

> Let's meet up on Sunday if that suits everyone, or 90% of everyone and
> thrash things out in detail.  Venue can be decided later today
> (Friday) -- Munirka if no other place.
Munirka or where ever. Will try to make it. Though there are prior plans for
evening ;-8

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux