Hi,
www.lirc.org is the official home page for LIRC. LIRC is basically used to
provide infrared remote control for your PC. Any IR remote can be used with
this. It just requires the Home made reciver which can be installed on Serial
Port of any PC. I have succesfuly made a reciever to work with LIRC and GEEXBOX
Live cd. I can bring couple of reciever and Different remotes with me.

http://www.geexbox.org/en/index.html Is the Official home page foe GEEXBOX.
This is a live cd less than 6 MB, providing Playback of any type of media ie.
MP3, WAV, VCD, ACD. DVD, TV watching and capable of showing any Grahical
format. It can be installed on On USB Stick or HDD as well. It provides
flexibility to be controlled by Mouse, Keyboard and IR remote control in
conjunction with a home made reciever.This could be a ideal choice to turn ur
PC in to a Media Center without effecting any installed softwares,

I can provide couple of IR reciever, remote controls and CDS for GEEXBOX.

r <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Adarsh,

> [...]

Adarsh> Hi, If this is still open, i can present demonstration of
Adarsh> LIRC(Linux Infrared Remote Control) and Live CD based
Adarsh> complete Home entertainment system (GeeXboX). Thanks and
Adarsh> regards, Adarsh

Thanks for the offer. Can you elaborate a bit on the scope of the
demos, the equipment required and what equipment you would be able to
provide yourself?

Moving this to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list. Please respond only
to that address.

Thanks,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://kandalaya.org/
GPG: 78D4 FC67 367F 40E2 0DD5 0FEF C968 D0EF CC68 D17F