Greetings there...

just yesterday(4-2-05), i flashed my bios thru intels
site and was happy & sad to see the results...

the fdisk/sfdisk commands showed LBA on my extended
partitions( i don know why it aint showing it on the
primary).
sadly the output remains as-is... i still get the
mis-matched  output from fdisk/sfdisk.

also i removed(wiped) all partitions and fdisked and
formated FAT32 all over again..
first i tried to do it with cfdisk(KNOPPIX), and
created fat32 partitions. it did happen quickly. after
writing to that partition table and exiting, it gave a
warning for DOS 6.X partitions that win wants first
512 bytes of every partition to be empty..(man cfdisk)
so i did
dd if-/dev/zero of=/dev/hda* bs=512 count=1
* for 1,2,5,6,7,8 one at a time with successful
changes.

/dev/hda2 being an extended win partition(type 5) i
had to redo the partitioning thru cfdisk. first i did
not 'dd' the /dev/hda2(extended partition) and the
doing 'dd' onto /dev/hda2(extended partition) and
seeing the effects.

(please correct me here as i 'dd' all win partitions
ie primary,logical and then primary/extended/logical.)

when i put on windows, only the primary
partitoin(/dev/hda1) was visible, the /dev/hda5 was
not accesible! in both the cases, ie 'dd' /dev/hda2
and not doing 'dd' on /dev/hda2.

so i had to fdisk/format thru windows.
later when i popped in a live cd, i get the size of
the partitions under 800 bytes(eigth hundred bytes)

please see this for  newer results.
http://www.geocities.com/rohitsz2/partition.html

so one of my problems is solved .. the LBA mode, now
how do i make linux see original size of my
partitions?

thanks,
rohit.

=====
NAMASTE, i honour the spirit in you which is also in me.
http://www.geocities.com/rohitsz2

|Anytime you feel i need to understand|
|a concept before i am eligible to get|
|an answer i would be happy to know.  |