On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 Shivkumar Jagannath wrote :

>hi,
>seems to me that squid is trying to listen on port 80;

Does not my firewall INPUT rule mentions squid port as 3128

>apache would've already started up by now so you might
>have to change to squid port to something else or
>disable apache startup if you dont want that at all.

I am not running any webserver or nay sevice that use port 80 or squid
port[3128].

>you might also want to issue a redirect rule to the
>iptables to redirect all port 80 requests to your
>squid server.

yes i have used that rule also.But right now Squid it giving trouble after
tightening my system (using iptables firewall)

Squid is working absolutely fine, without firewall(i have already mentioned it
my original mail.

>imHO shorewall is easier to define rules and monitor
>their efects

i will definetly try this one.

Thanks,
Navneet