Hi!

--- Mayank Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yesterday, i was looking at vivek's (VK) phone &
> came to know that it
> could run Qt-embedded apps. Does same holds true for
> Nokia phones
> (6600) also?

The 6600 runs an ARM processor, iirc. Familiar linux
(familiar.handhelds.org) is a deb based distro for
StrongARMS. It should theoretically run on the nokia
too.  Minor modifications might be needed. I'm
currently running both stable and unstable feeds of
Familiar on my ipaq.

You'd then need a GUI/WM system - you can choose
between Opie and GPE. The former is QT-Embedded based,
and uses Trolltech's QTopia, is lightweight, and looks
good. GPE is Gtk based, uses X, and is heavier - but
comes bundled with more applications.

A smartphone toolkit also exists for Familiar, but not
having tried it, i can't comment. www.handhelds.org
and opie.handhelds.org, gpe.handhelds.org should get
you started.

HTH,
Vik

=====
--
Viksit Gaur

me[at]viksit[dot]com
viksit[at]linux-delhi[dot]org
http://viksit.com

'Not all who wander are lost.'
                  - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring