On 28 Feb 2005 07:31:26 -0000, divakar  gupta
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi
>
> I am currently using Windows XP(Professional) and want Linux as another OS,
> alongwith Windows on my system.   I have following queries:
>
> 1)  I have Pentium 4,3.00 HT, Processor with 915GV Intel motherboard. Hard
> disk is 80 GB Serial ATA(Seagate).  RAM is 400FSB, 512MB.
> Can Linux be loaded on SATA hard disk?

Yes, but be sure RHEL 2.1's performance is just too bad on SATA
drives. FYI: RHEL 2.1 is not free. If you are looking for freewares
RH9.0 should be a good option.

> 2)  From where in New Delhi, India can I get Linux for free/at reasonable
> rates?
If you have good internet connection download the ISOs from redhat.com
or if you are looking for CDs check-out at some Nehru Place vendor.

> 3)  Which is the latest version of linux introduced?
RHEL4 is the latest RedHat linux but as being an Enterprise Linux is
not free... I think from Redhat the latest free version available is
RH9.0/ Fedora.

> 4)  Which linux is best suited for me?(Red Hat/Mandriek)
> i need linux for just trying it out and basic purposes initially, and later
> for advanced applications and utilities.

I will recommend RedHat or SuSE as I am a user of these two only.