[snip]

> I have a very basic server written in C.
[snip]
> Here is the trimmed code (can send complete code if you so desire).
>
> Tanks,
> Nishi

[snip]

er... nishi, you just posted some code snippets on a public mailing
list. may i ask, is the code under gpl, lgpl, bsd, or apache license,
or yet another OSI license, or perhaps is it supposed to be
proprietory? does someone own copyright of that code?

i guess anybody who posts code or even code snippets should clarify
this in advance.

i wonder what happens next, if that code was supposed to be
copyrighted by perhaps whoever has commissioned you to write it, and
that entity wishes to keep it proprietory?

?
linuxlingam