On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 22:28 -0800, John Marder wrote:
> In that case, could you please advise which modem should I purchase?
> Also, will any DSL ethernet modem work or are there specific
> requirements in that case also? How would I get the DSL Ethernet modem
> to work on Linux, assuming it doesn't come with Linux drivers?

Try to bottom post please.

I have no adverse experience with any DSL-Ethernet modem as all follow
ethernet standards and that AFAIK are basics of tcp/ip and any other
network protocol.

Basically you plug in phone line on one end and the ethernet cable on
the other which goes into your computer. If you lean hard enough on your
teleco may be they will give you an ethernet modem.

HTH
--
Sudev Barar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>