[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi all,

> I want to remove these characters from all components in one shot by
> making a script.
> Can some one help me out, because I am unable to remove them by usual
> substitution
> commands of sed at command line.

Actually, it is in the sed FAQ, under the common one-liners section
<quote>
    # 3. Under UNIX: convert DOS newlines (CR/LF) to Unix format
    sed 's/.$//' file    # assumes that all lines end with CR/LF
    sed 's/^M$// file    # in bash/tcsh, press Ctrl-V then Ctrl-M
</quote>
--
Raj Shekhar                          Y! : Operations Engineer
MySQL DBA, programmer and  slacker   Y!IM : lunatech3007