there are plenty of other players available for linux as well... try VideoLAN
Player ... its supposed to be a streaming player... but does a pretty good job
on a stand alone system as well...

www.videolan.org/vlc/

Aman

Pankaj kaushal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dips wrote:
> I'm learning Linux, It's really good, please help me,
> I'm facing trouble in playing my VCD, I've installed
> RedHat Linux 9.0, it's working perfectly but when I
> plays VCD it not working, don't know why, pls help

What are you using to play the vcd? Try Mplayer( mplayerhq.hu ). you'll
need to compile it. Read through the documentation and ask questions if
you need further help.

The Mplayer webiste is closing down because the European commission has
passed its directive on software patent's and mplayer infringes on
*many* of them So, hurry.

H.I.H!
Pankaj
--
Alas, even today there's little worth thinking and saying that does
not grievously wound the state, the gods, and common decency.