Hi all,
I had been struggling to get my phone to work/play with Linux and after
a lot of pain i gave up and changed my phone to a Treo 650 from Palmone
a few days back. The phone by itself is amazing and i have gotten it to
work perfectly with my Mandrake 10.1 Official.

I can use the cradle to sync with kpilot/kontact and i can also install
applications on the phone. Whats really great is the bluetooth
connectivity with which i am now able to sync, transfer files, do DUN on
my laptop, do reverse DUN and have my phone use my internet connectivity.

I am convinced that if phone/PC connectivity is what you want (without
windows) then Palm is the way to go. If anyone is interested please
contact me and i can provide more info.

cheers ,
- Ankur.