Greetings,

Here's some food for thought for the hackers on the
list - I came across it a long time back, was too lazy
to ask on-list!

1) CERT India does'nt have a website anymore.
http://www.cert-in.org.in/ doesn't seem to live
anymore - or is it that I'm being blocked from every
network I try to access it from?

2) Accessing PakCERT's site twice in a row using a
Win2k box with Firefox (first) and IE (second) gave me
a BSOD. The third time, I was fine.

3) As for policy and security, there are individual
ERTs in the government, but which deal only with the
security of certain networks. And with the absence of
CERT India, there doesn't seem to be a centralized
resource to obtain contact information for any kind of
security issues.

  * India is not a member of the  Asia Pacific
Security Incident Response Co-ordination Working
Group, it being the only major country in Asia which
isn't.
http://www.singcert.org.sg/apsirc.htm

  * The old framework for the ERTs seems to have had a
breakdown. All search results for incident reponse,
india, CERT and Computer Security lead nowhere.

Anyone got leads?

Cheers,
Viksit