--- rakesh  jaiswal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Dell SC420 with SATA HDD, i want to install redhat 9, but SATA
> does not detect during installation. Please someone help......

1. Most motherboard allow the hard disk to run in downgraded ATA mode.
Check your BIOS for similar options.
2. After setting it install RedHat 9.0 followed by upgrade to the
latest kernel distributed by RedHat Update. I believe they were
offering 2.4.21 which does support SATA.
3. Look for a message saying ICH5 SATA in the output of dmesg.
4. Once you see the message reboot and unset the dongraded mode in your
BIOS.

Mithun