Neeraj Arora wrote:

>Hi All
>
>Well I am Neeraj doing last yr. B.Tech(IT) .
>
>I am making a kind of mini ERP for electrifying whole campus in my
>college as the last yr. project on  LINUX (Red Hat version 8 & PCQ linux
>2004) platform using PHP & MySQL .
>

>I just wanted to know a simple & understable method of establishing the
>mailserver on this & also to check the working of IMAP & sendmail on my
>systems..
>
>I have tried the courier installation but i am unable get it thru....due
>to unavailability of libraries .Can u suggest me something
>else..Basically i need to use the php IMAP Fn & exploit them to further
>forwarding the emails....

I guess you want some email support and manipulation support for you php
application ....php supports sendmail by default ..so if install use
another  MTA or mail server qmail/postfix you might have to  make soft
links and wrappers  to stimulate sendmail behavior

You can also use following php mailer class which will allow to interact
with any mail server ... its really cool (supports smtp authentication
and tons of other)
http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/

mail related setting can be found at php.ini