Dear All,

Good Morning
I am currently working on redhat 6.2
this box work is used as mail server and squid proxy server for our network
now I want to create some mail user groups like HR, Marketing, Admin,
Support
I am trying to install mailman on that box but it generate error python 2.1
required
so I install python 2.1.3 but still it gives me error msg

checking for --with-python... no
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking Python interpreter... /usr/bin/python
checking Python version... configure: error:

***** /usr/bin/python is too old (or broken)
***** Python 2.1 or newer is required
***** Python 2.1.3 or better is recommended

python 2.1.3 is by default installed in /usr/local

please help me to resolve this problem or any other solution for mail
groups.

Also I would like to upgrade on Redhat 9.0
for this perpose I have taken backup of  all required configuration files
from old server, but for user data and login transfer what to do? shall I
have to create each account to my new server ?

Thanks and regards

Swapnil K.
System Group

Modular Infotech Pvt. Ltd.