ram u can try installing transcode through urpmi if you have a decent
internet connection
http://www.urpmi-addmedia.org/index2.php

urpmi.updatemedia  main contrib (I'm not sure.. which package
transcode is on. )
urpmi transcode should get you transcode (it downloads about  couple
of MBs or so.)

maybe this might interest you on transcode.

http://www.transcoding.org/cgi-bin/transcode

you might need the codecs

cheers
vivek