-----Original Message-----

We have been using about 5 Dell PowerEdge 2600 and 2800 with  RedHat Linux 8
and RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 and various versions of Oracle (8, 9i, 10G.)
The server configs are  like
Dual CPU  Intel P4  from 1800 MHz to 3 GHz with Raid 5 on 10K RPM  Hot Plug
Disks and Redundant  hot plug power supplies and about 2 GB Ram.

A couple of them are about 3 years old now. They have worked very well (24/7)
and Dell Service is Fantastic.
 I would go with Dell if I was in your place for both the 2 cpu and 4 Cpu
machines - they are much cheaper and work very well with Linux.

Enjoy.

Sanjay
Manager IT
Timex Watches Limited
Off list email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<When nature Hands you a Lemon-- Make Lemonade>>>