-----Original Message-----
Subject: [ilugd] Passwords restricted to 8 digits

Hi Friends,
In mine server (which i used to host websites) mine passwords whether root
or other have been restricted to 8 digits . I can change the passwords to
more digits but when i log in even a 8 digit password works. ie. i can login
with even a 8 digit pass while i have changed and the server accepts the
change to 15 or mnre digits.
I mean is there a methord to bring the situation to normal. I am using
Fedora Core 2 as the OS with webmin as the control panel.
Pl. help me . I think the problem is with PAM is that true. I have googled
but can not find a solution.
I shall be very grateful.
Thanks in advance for your time and effort.
--
Regards
Abhishek jain

Try running the command authconfig and enable the MD5 (and optionally-shadow
password). should help you.
Best Regards,
Ankush Mehta