Hi,

On RH6.2 you have to edit /etc/sysctl.conf and change the setting
net.ipv4.ip_forward to yes.

Then you have to use ipchains, as iptables was not availabe yet.

Use the following:
ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.0.0/24 -d 0/0 -j MASQ

This is assuming your private IP address is in the network 192.168.0.0

You can add this to the /etc/rc.d/init.d/network script under the start
section.

If you then issue the command /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart it should
all be
OK

nat'ing is network address translation.

HTH.