On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 19:26 +0530, Linux Lingam wrote:
> [HUGE snip]
>
> whew! that was quite a rant.
> the truth is, that linux has hadly made any significant moves in india
> yet, unlike as in china. of course, there is a lot of fire and
> brimstone around it. but clear-cut directives from the government and
> policies, are missing.
>
> we do have a lot of positive rhetoric from the indian president, ample
> coverage in the media, heavy promotion by the linux-biggies, and
> wonderful support by the IT media.
>
> contrast with germany, EU, brazil, china, cuba, where the government
> has a more active and tangible role to play as well.
>
> koi baat nahin.
> i am only responsible for my self.
> i use gnulinux.
>
> whenever possible, i try to share and explain the 'value system'
> behind muft and mukt software to friends, clients, colleagues, people.
> then leave it to them to adopt or discard.
>
> simple living, good computing.
>
> :-)
> LL
Our culture has taught us tolerance and we have mistaken it for
indifference. The problem is precisely this: More & more people are
responsible (sic!) only for themselves and do nothing for the society as
a whole and there we are. I wish that could make responsibleness. We are
called an IT superpower and we can't make a good road, nor a working
toilet.

Smaller nation, with no significant work in IT have done bigger things
on Linux (for example: look at what the LUGs in Pakistan have achieved),
only because the users there work together to achieve something, and not
just to pull legs.
Wonder when will we learn some team-work and stop wasting time-money-
resources on nonsense talk/issues/discussions and stop our 'Chalta hai
attitude'. No, this is not meant to be a lecture or comment, as I don't
wish to join/start one of those useless discussions which some like a
lot.

--
  Peace, Force & Joy!   Sudhir Gandotra.  98-101-20918

         You don't need violence to shake the world
        Treat Others As You Would Have Them Treat You
                 www.humanistmovement.org