Hi ,

I downloaded a echo server sourcecode from net and did some changes on the
output functionality. I am not a programmer but am able to understand C code
fairly well.

The server runs in background and it  listens on the port number specified from
command line. And displays whatever is received from socket onto the stdout.

In some cases when the server exit is not clean, the port number entry is not
removed from the port mapper. and the server is not able to start on the
previous port.

Can somebody tell me how to remove the port number from port map entry?

Thanks

Kapil